A currency which has been in the markets for almost three years now, NEM suddenly shot into prominence from June 2017 onwards when the currency's price received a major boost. NEM prices went from $0.2 in early December to $2.03 in early January - this is when the currency shot to prominence and suddenly caught the eye of a number of investors. However, the markets have since slowed down, but the interest in NEM continues.
NEM prices have dropped down to a low of $0.34 - a three-month low, but the currency continues to fight back. NEM, with a market cap of $3.0 Billion is currently ranked #13 in the list of cryptocurrencies by market cap. While the currency continues to be among the top names, there are many who speculate about the long term future and practical use case of NEM.
In order to showcase their practical use cases, NEM has shared a large list of projects on their Github page. Here's a list of all the NEM blockchain based projects being used to solve real-life challenges:
- Apostille - Second-generation blockchain notarization service.
- LuxTag - Digitized certificates of authenticity for products (or machines, or vehicles, etc.) on a blockchain.
- OpenApostille - OpenApostille is a service with which you can share your Apostille created by NEM Wallet (NanoWallet) with everyone.
- PROVER - PROVER is a blockchain service for confirming the authenticity of the events, facts, or phenomena.
- Bankera - Spectrocoin is building Bankera, a digital bank to last for the blockchain era.
- DM Coin - DarcMatter is developing a blockchain based distributed ledger to remove opacity and inefficiencies from the global alternative investment industry.
- myCoinvest - Ecosystem that offers an incentivized automatic savings platform powered by blockchain.
- Aerotrading Ltd - The biggest blockchain consultancy company.
- Asta | Blockchain - We work with our clients to develop use cases for real world Blockchain solutions.
- Atraura Blockchain - The mission of Atraura Blockchain is to respond to the concerns of our clients related to Blockchain technology, providing talent, information and solutions that allow companies to exploit their value proposition in the clearest and most efficient way possible.
- Dragonfly Fintech - Pioneering leading edge blockchain platform solution provider for a financial ecosystem, including for the payment, clearing, and settlement sector.
- RapidQube Digital Solutions - On the NEM Blockchain implementing an advanced medical health records application.
- Snap Interactive - SNAP was attracted to NEM as a “best-of-class” scalable blockchain technology offering secure Proof-of-Importance consensus protocol, configurable assets, and smart signing contracts.
- XPOS Consortium - XPOS Consortium will transform the traditional economy with a solution that unites loyalty points, alternative payment gateways, payment devices as means, crypto payment service providers, crypto remittance agents, licensed money services companies into one.
- CoderSchool - Proposal for Coderschool and the NEM Foundation to work together in 2018 to developers on NEM Blockchain technology.
- RMIT University.
- AbacasXchange - NEM blockchain-powered, universal asset exchange to trade any asset, anywhere, anytime.
- Adara - Intelligent blockchain financial ecosystem.
- ATUM - The most advanced decentralized exchange.
- Bankorus - The Bankorus protocol is an open-source API built on the NEM blockchain, so it's highly efficient and protected by the latest cryptography. Former name MiCai.
- Dimcoin - Trade shares on blockchain for the first time with DIMCOIN and the DIM Ecosystem.
- Fundplatform - Fund Platform is a platform for building trade and investment crypto funds at the decentralized, convenient and secure service.
- NEM Exchange - NEM.io Foundation XEM Exchange.
- Mosaic Exchange - Website, where you can sell and buy NEM based tokens(called mosaics), and (in the future) other cryptocurrencies.
- Zaif (Mijin) - Exchange.
- Zeus Exchange - Hybrid decentralized trading platform for the financial industry of tomorrow.
- PacNEM - Free & Open Source Node.js Autonomous Game using the NEM blockchain.
- Xarcade - NEM powered cost-effective video game distribution/exchange platform for both game publishers and gamers to use.
- COMSA - Cross-chain controller, router and a conduit for future ICOs that want to exist in the COMSA ecosystem.
- Ethyl - Ethyl decentralizes the internet of things using the NEM blockchain.
- cacheout - Platform where developers can be rewarded by helping others solve their code problems.
- FamilyPoints - World’s first fully transparent blockchain ledger which stores information about reviews, rewards, and transactions to build a system of trust for children’s products and education.
- Fluffr - Create the use of Augmented Reality to engage with customers.
- LocationCore - Transparent and honest data collection company using the NEM blockchain as a way to mitigate the trust relationships consumers often have with app providers.
- LoyalCoin - Earn and use loyalty points everytime, everywhere.
- Tutellus - The more you learn, the more money you get.
- Digitcoin.world - Most powerful Total Blockchain-Based Digital Marketing Solutions and specifically designs to deliver the digital marketing solutions for brands, merchants, retailing and service industries in different type of commerce (B2B, B2C, and C2C).
- Qchain - Suite of open and transparent applications that provide decentralized and secure solutions for digital advertisers, in-house marketers, content publishers and everyday Internet users alike.
- Choice - NEM-powered payment protocol platform aiming to replace existing payment gateways with direct transactions, change consumer and retailer behaviour, and create tangible social impact at a protocol level using the NEM blockchain.
- Chronobank - Ambitious and wide-ranging blockchain project, aimed at disrupting the HR/recruitment/finance industries in a similar way to how Uber disrupted the taxi business and how Upwork represented an evolution in freelancing.
- Eroiy - The payment method of the adult industry. Anonymous & safe.
GCCH Coin - Blockchain technology to offer faster digital transactions and other services through smart contracts.
- GiveMatters - Provide a Community Hub for registered Charities, Not-for-Profits and NGO’s to publicise their initiatives and projects.
- Graft Network - Remark: Only the ICO is using NEM - Global, open-sourced, blockchain-based, decentralized payment gateway and processing platform that anyone can use.
- NEMp3 - Music download store, enabling artists to sell their music directly using the NEM blockchain for payment verification.
- PundiX - Empowering blockchain developers and token holders to sell cryptocurrency and services at any physical store in the world.
- SENRIYAL - Remittance business on Blockchain platform.
- TravelbyBit - Foundational application of digital currencies is instant payment and transfers anywhere around the world.
- WeChat Payment App - NEM WeChat Wallet.
- Blockgrain - Comprehensive grain supply chain software solution.
- Copyrightbank - Copyright Registration and Verification.
- ECObit - Deploy traceability disciplines on all EcoBit chain of produce movement.
- Landstead - Registry of land and property, allowing government and citizens to co-create an open blockchain system that can be trusted and consulted by interested parties.
- Meat tracking Japan (Mijin) - Streamline the meat supply chain process that will enable end consumers to trace the history of the meat, from the hunting grounds.
- MHub - Transforming the property sector through blockchain-powered property registration and verification.
- Voting - Create and vote on polls stored on the NEM blockchain.
- Breeze - Full featured social app with integrated payment technology
- CSharp2Nem - The CSharp2nem Api wrapper library is designed to simplify development on and use of the nem blockchain.